Full Job Description
We are looking for an outstanding and motivated candidate to join Dubai American Academy in the capacity of HR Assistant with immediate effect.
As HR Assistant, you will manage the day-to-day administrative tasks of the Human Resources school office. To work directly for the benefit, service, and facilitation of faculty and staff welfare, and create a friendly environment.
Key Accountabilities Performance Responsibilities:
- Models and encourages a culture of kindness in support of the core values.
- Manages HR responsibilities in compliance with policies, procedures, and systems.
- Maintains utmost confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Creates an employee file (hard copy and electronic files) for all new hires following the standard guidelines set by GEMS.
- Maintains all employee files to a high standard (current and archived). Ensure all files are organized and contain all relevant information and ensure documents are up-to-date at all times.
- File documents in respective staff files.
- Administers the Leave of Absence request forms and ensures accurate data entry of attendance in the PHOENIX/attendance reporting system.
- Administers monitors and explains insurance benefits to employees, and serves as a liaison between employees and insurance carriers. Supports employees with insurance-related and medical issues.
- Assists PRO with issuing visas and labor card details.
- Submits and processes KHDA approvals for relevant employees as part of the compliance process.
- Produces HR letters, NOCs, salary certificates, and salary transfer letters in English and Arabic (in coordination with GRE) as required on a timely basis.
- Ensures compliance with all HR systems to maintain employee records.
- Supports ERP project team with input on HR systems, policies, and requirements where required.
- The tracks the approval process for all processes wherever other departments’ signatures are required.
- Runs reports from DAX as required by the HR Manager or other areas of the business.
- Drafts routine correspondence, letters, and memos for approval from the Line Manager.
- Assists and prepares statistical summaries and reports for school management.
- Maintains staff leaves records e.g. annual, a medical, holiday, and personal leave days for payroll.
- Deals with staff issues and tries to resolve them in a timely and professional manner.
- Attends HR-related meetings and all staff meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned by the HR Manager and Superintendent/CEO.
Recruitment and onboarding:
- Prepares all documentation required by the HR Manager and Superintendent/CEO during recruitment processes.
- Prepares the documents required for onboarding, including visa and labor card processing requirements.
- Processes new hire forms including bank account forms, medical insurance, business card, and access card requests.
- Prepares the welcome pack for all new hires and liaises with the IT Department to prepare the access cards and laptop/desktop.
Person Specifications Expected Qualifications:
- High School certificate (minimum), College Degree preferred.
- HR-related qualification is desirable (e.g. CIPD).
- A minimum of 1 – 3 years experience working within Human Resources.
- Knowledge of general HR office procedures, policies, and methods.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment is a plus.
- Experienced in using MS Office and HR Systems.
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
- Solid communication skills and attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task and cope with a degree of pressure at peak times.
- Advanced MS Excel skills are a must.