£25,158 – £26,206 a year
Full Job Description
Main duties of the job
- Undertake all general cleaning duties to a high standard within your daily assigned areas
- Clean hotel rooms to the required standards and by required deadlines
- Change bed linen and towels
- Make beds
- Vacuuming floors
- Dusting and polishing furniture
- Cleaning bathrooms
- Replacing stock of guest supplies, such as shampoo, soap, brochures, etc.
- Re-stocking drinks in the mini-bar (where applicable)
- Re-stocking and cleaning equipment used
- Assisting in the servicing of public/back of house
- Assisting with guest requests and queries
- Following departmental procedures
- Liaising with team members, supervisors, managers, and guests
- Clean kitchen areas to include defrosting freezers, cleaning trollies, trays, cupboards, drawers, and work surfaces
- Cleaning of sanitary area, including sinks, showers, baths, WCs, and sluice rooms (where applicable)
- Cleaning of floor areas, including sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, and buffing using various floor machines
- Emptying all rubbish containers including clinical waste, having an awareness of the risks of infected waste, securing and labeling bags, placing them at the appropriate collection point,s and cleaning container
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment, materials, and cleaning trolleys are clean and stored in the correct manner
- Keep up to date with any local training
- You are required to work in any area deemed necessary by the cleaning supervisor, to be flexible and able to cross areas when required
Working for our organization
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK’s biggest and most innovative trusts. Across three main hospitals, our dedicated army of staff care for over 1.6 million patients, treats more than 200,000 in A&E, delivers over 8,000 babies, and carries out more than 17 million tests.
Our size, scale, and influence offer you unrivaled career opportunities and a forward-thinking approach to working that works around your lifestyle. From flexible hours and generous benefits to next-level training, we make it easier to take your career to the top
For more information please follow the link https://www.royalfreelondonjobs.co.uk/
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see the attached job description for more information about this role and working at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.
Education & Professional Qualifications
- Working towards NVQ level 2 Cleaning and Support Services Skills or equivalent
- Previous cleaning experience
- Experience in using buffing machine/equipment
Skills and aptitudes
- To be able to follow instructions, policies, and procedures
- Ability to respond to customer requests in a polite, efficient manner
- Effective communication skills
Personal Qualities & Attributes
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to people at all levels
- The ability to manage conflict and identify where escalation to senior staff is necessary
Important Information – Please read this before submitting your application.
- Covid-19 Vaccination RequirementThe Government has formally announced it is pausing the regulations requiring specific healthcare sector roles to be fully vaccinated (1st & 2nd dose) against COVID-19, subject to the government consultation.
Please be aware that should this post be identified as in scope for the regulations after the consultation and Parliamentary process, you will be required to provide your vaccination status or proof of medical exemption.
- Applicant communication for all stages will be via our preferred 3rd party recruitment system and not via NHS Jobs.
- Failure to supply correct email addresses for referees will cause delays, we do not accept private domain emails (Hotmail/Gmail/ etc. for referees)
- If you require sponsorship to work in the UK, to avoid disappointment, please check to ensure you are eligible under the UKVI points-based system.
- If you are offered a role with one of the NLPSS partner trusts, as part of pre-employment checks your identity and right-to-work documentation will be verified remotely (in most circumstances), using a certified identity verification service provider TrustID. You will be asked to capture an image of the relevant documents as well as a “selfie” using your smartphone/tablet (if available) for facial matching. TrustID will also perform a digital address check using Trunarrative and Equifax, which is a soft check and does not leave a footprint on your credit rating. For more information, visit www.trustid.co.uk
- The Trust uses electronic new starter forms on Trac to collect personal details. Information collected is securely stored and used to set up the employee record on the ESR HR system.
- The Trust on behalf of Royal Free London Property Serviced Ltd (rflpsl) will undertake a DBS (Formerly CRB) clearance where the job description and person specification requires the employee to undertake regulated activities, (Regulated Activity Definitions). The Trust fully complies with the Disclosure and Barring Service Codes of practice
- By applying for this post you are agreeing to Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust on behalf of rflpsl transferring the information contained in this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the national NHS Electronic Staff Records system