City of Greater Sudbury
|Post Name||Truck Driver|
|Qualification||Secondary School (Grade XII)|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 27 Per Hour|
|Location||Greater Sudbury, Ontario, Canada P0M 0B4|
Duties: Under the supervision of a Foreperson.
- Safely operate and control a truck in accordance with all applicable policies, procedures, and legislation.
- Transport personnel, material, merchandise, equipment, or refuse.
- Load and unload trucks by hand (i.e. shovel) or mechanical device (e.g. loader, backhoe, etc.).
- Oversee up to three workers in the performance of routine duties.
- Perform routine general labor, as directed.
- Conduct daily vehicle inspections and complete routine cleaning of vehicles. Report suspected mechanical defects promptly in accordance with procedures.
- Perform the duties of flag person and assist in traffic control, as directed.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- Completion of a formal DZ driver training/certification program is considered an asset.
- Must have two (2) years of experience driving a commercial vehicle that requires a DZ license or greater.
- Experience operating heavy or light trucks with standard attachments such as snow plows, snow wings, salt/sand spreader units, etc.), considered an asset.
- Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining coding/certification for the operation of heavy or light trucks with standard attachments such as snow plows, snow wings, salt/sand spreader units, etc., through the internal training/coding process.
- Must be physically capable of operating equipment with mechanical or hydraulic control systems.
- Must hold the ability to interact with the general public, staff, and outside agencies in a courteous and effective manner.
- Must be able to read and follow written instructions and policy directives.
- Must be familiar with applicable legislation and regulations and demonstrate a commitment to safe work practices.
- Must contribute to a team environment in a positive manner.
- Must be able to write necessary shift reports and operate a mobile radio.
- Must be able to effectively complete M.M.M.S. Crew Cards.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- Satisfactory health, attendance, and former employment history.
- May require the use of a CGS vehicle on CGS business. Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid Class “DZ” driver’s license, and have an acceptable driving record.