Junior Graphic Designer
The story of Cartier is founded on audacity and passion. For more than 170 years we have embraced a bold, pioneering spirit that continues to inspire our teams across all Métiers from our boutiques to our workshops and corporate offices.
Our 8,500+ colleagues of 90 nationalities are united by a shared independent spirit and commitment to excellence, striving to continuously enrich our Maison heritage by pushing the boundaries of creativity.
Junior Graphic Designer
At Cartier North America, we are proud to employ talent from many different backgrounds, experiences, and identities. We believe that when diversity and inclusion are fully embraced and empowered, creativity and knowledge emerge to deliver excellence. We continue to work towards creating a workforce that represents the diversity of our clients and our communities.
Job mission – A summary of what the job is accountable for
The Junior Graphic Designer will be part of the Creative Communications Content pillar in the Branding Management department of the North American Market. This role will help achieve more consistency in all locally produced and adapted assets, cross-functionally.
The role requires a creative talent focused on graphic design, print production, digital formatting, and video editing.
From advertising assets to event invitations, the graphic designer will be responsible for carrying out briefs across a large variety of touchpoints, both traditional and digital, while maintaining and upholding brand standards from concept to final production.
Main accountabilities/objective of the position
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES 1: CREATIVE ASSET ADAPTATION & INTEGRATION
Adapt Advertising Campaigns
- Adapt international campaigns and other creative assets for the North American advertising department (resizing and layout optimization)
- Carry out briefs received from the Media teams for both online and offline channels (mocking up OOH and Print units, and adapting online display ads)
- Keep a client-centric and highly adaptative approach to drive engagement and conversions, while always delivering high-quality materials on par with the Cartier codes
- Adapt and scale assets according to the media guidelines: resize and redesign the graphic design elements to best operate in the context of the platform
Event and Client Experience collaterals
- Help create invitations, save-the-date, menus, and other event-related materials, in collaboration with the Client Experience Team, both digital and printed
- Ensure consistency across regions, and with other touchpoints and activations
- Proposing flexible yet high-quality designs, for a high volume of deliverables
- Anticipate seasonal and recurring needs and proactively propose creative solutions
- Provide feedback on existing materials and executions
Support the North American DTC & Email program
- Support the Email and Direct-to-Consumer teams with layouts, images, and resizing
- Build templates and format e-blast in partnership with eCRM and content teams
- Design of print collateral such as mailers, press materials, invitations, etc.
- Mock-up and execute large-format outdoor creatives
- Brainstorm surprising and out-the-box ideas, always keeping Maison’s codes in mind
Build PPT templates and format documents
- Provide PowerPoint templates and layout guidance across Marketing and Communications departments
- Create and design high-level strategic presentations for all business functions including c-suite executives and leadership
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES 2: BRAND IDENTITY GUARDIAN
Brand codes and visual identity
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the Cartier visual identity and codes and provide guidance to other teams when needed
- Ingest, organize, and distribute all visual assets
- Gather and update essential resources like logos, fonts, colors, style guides, and visual guidelines
Advertising and brand guidelines
- Collect feedback and collaborate on new guideline creations with central teams
- Deep understanding of the luxury landscape, evolving consumer journeys, and digital ecosystems. Ongoing competitor benchmark and knowledge of industry best practices.
Organization and Planning skills
- Meet project timelines through good management of workflow and ability to prioritize.
- Communicate with Creative Communications Content Team proactively about workload, project status, and issues that arise to determine solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or Visual Identity
- 2-3-year experience as a graphic designer in the luxury industry, (in-house, at an agency, or for an established studio)
- A sharp eye and attention to detail
- Curious and open-minded individual, up to date on the latest industry trends, talents, and creative resources.
- Ability to work within an existing luxury brand aesthetic and develop best-in-class designs for print, digital, events, social, and e-commerce. Leverage existing assets, templates, design guides, and global campaign imagery/video for projects and ensure precision in every touchpoint.
- Strong communication skills to liaise with various teams. Comfortable conducting business internationally.
- Extensive understanding of print production, website design, advertising, and social media practices.
- Highly adaptable and collaborative individual, well organized, strong multi-tasker, and works efficiently in a high-pressure environment.
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, etc.) with solid video editing capabilities
- Notions of UX/UI design
Expected base salary range: $65,000-$75,000