|Hiring Organization||Manchester United F.C.|
|Post Name||Finance Assistant|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 30000 To GBP 40000 Per Year|
|Location||Manchester, England, United Kingdom, M1 1AG|
At Manchester United, we aim to be the best on and off the pitch – and the quality of our behind-the-scenes team sets us apart from the competition.
Our people are as committed to the success of the company as the players are to winning trophies. We offer a unique and exciting working environment, and excellent training, with recognition and rewards for the part each individual, plays. Sounding good so far?
To support the Group Reporting Team and Payroll Team whilst updating and maintaining accurate financial records.
- Preparation and posting of payroll journals from the payroll system-generated GL report
- Uploading bulk journals via pivot tables
- Reversing journals and applying corrective journals
- Post cashbook payments for all payroll-related payments
- Responsibility for balance sheet reconciliations
- Investigating and resolving queries to balance and clear reconciling items
- Provide summaries to the Reporting Team within set deadlines and comply with internal controls
- Support with invoice-related payroll deductions
- Assist with Benefit In Kind details to support the Payroll Team with P11D processing
- Regular review of documentation to ensure compliance with Sox audit controls
- Assist and respond to internal and external auditors during the audit process on all relevant matters by responding to queries, providing documents and data as required and reports upon request, and implementing procedural changes as recommended by auditors
- Support the Group Reporting Team during the monthly reporting process
- Always ensure confidentiality and adhere to the Company’s policy in respect of Data Protection Compliance
- Work closely with the Payroll Team and Group Reporting Team on all relevant matters
- To deal promptly and efficiently with day-to-day queries in a way that projects a professional image both internally and externally.
- To be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- AAT Qualified/Part Qualified or currently studying AAT
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and to an advanced level
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to spot anomalies
- Proven solid skills in numeracy, literacy, administration, organization, and communication.
- Maintain good working relationships
- Ability to work to multiple high-impact deadlines throughout the month
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment or an appetite for a busy role
- Strong knowledge of journals & Accounting
- Proven experience in a high-volume, deadline-driven role
- Have demonstrated time management and prioritization skills with attention to detail
- Payroll knowledge is desirable but not necessary
- Ability to resolve queries
Manchester United endeavors to respond to all job applicants, however, please consider that we receive a high volume of applications and this may not always be possible.
Due to this post being in regulated activity, the potential employee may be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check at the appropriate level.
Manchester United FC & Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer and recognizes the importance of safeguarding children and adults at risk in our workplace.
Manchester United FC & Group positively welcomes and seeks to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment.
We encourage applications from all candidates regardless of age, race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or nationality.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application and perform at your best, please do not hesitate to contact us to make a request; we are here to help.
It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to you before applying for any of our roles.