|Hiring Organization||Buck Mason|
|Post Name||Associate Designer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 58000 To USD 62000 Per Year|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90001|
Are you passionate about womenswear? Are you obsessed with designing and engineering the perfect closet staples? We’re looking for highly qualified designers to join our Design Team!
Day to day:
- Direct report to Sr. Design Director.
- Work with the head of the department to concept and develop Buck Mason Women’s Collection.
- Conduct fabric, color, fit, and wash research for seasonal concepts.
- Execute technical sketches for initial technical packages.
- Attend fittings and update all design and development information.
- Work with manufacturing partners to execute products through concept, development, wash, and finishing.
- 1+ years of women’s design experience.
- Knowledge of yarn and fabric construction.
- Knowledge of garment wash, dye, and processing.
- Knowledge of fabric development.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Suite.
- Knowledge of market trends and creative direction.
- Knowledge of vintage, military, and utilitarian detailing.
- Highly motivated & entrepreneurial.
- Highly Creative.
- Concept driven.
- Detail Oriented.
Buck Mason designs updated, modern American classics for daily wear. Founded in 2013 by Sasha Koehn and Erik Allen, who were neighbors in Venice, California, they initially set up shop in a 350-square-foot garage off Abbot Kinney Boulevard.
Using old-school manufacturing techniques combined with modern technology, they took an architectural approach to the product with the goal of making fashion less complicated, building each piece to last beyond a single season.