|Post Name||Media Advisor|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 45 To AUD 55 Per Hour|
|Location||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3000|
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
The Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM) is a not-for-profit organization responsible for the training, assessment, and continuing professional development of emergency physicians as well as the advancement of professional standards in emergency medicine in Australia and New Zealand.
We are a specialist medical College with over 130 employees with a strong purpose, a positive environment, and a CEO and Executive leadership team who lead our commitment to supporting our membership, staff, and values of Equity, Respect, Integrity, and Collaboration.
We are recruiting a Media Advisor to support the delivery of external-facing communications, particularly media relations functions. This is a full-time permanent position based in Melbourne, Australia.
Working closely with the Manager, Media Relations, your contribution will ensure that we are able to deliver on the business plan and strategic media plan to position the College as the leader in emergency medicine education, training assessment, policy, and advocacy.
Whilst developing strong relationships with key media figures and contacts across the health sector and media contacts, you will write and deliver a range of content pieces for media releases, media responses, news items, blog posts, and web and print copy.
Paired with a relevant tertiary qualification, our ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated media/media relations experience working in news media
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience writing for the web, traditional media, print, and academic publications
- Ability to distill complex technical content into plain English
- Demonstrated ability to manage interactions with internal and external stakeholders including media to deliver successful outcomes
We are seeking to appoint as quickly as possible, and applications will be assessed for shortlisting as they are received so don’t hesitate to Apply Now!
WHAT’S ON OFFER
ACEM offers excellent staff benefits including:
- Additional paid leave between Christmas and New Year
- Flexible work arrangements and rostered days off
- Health and well-being initiatives
- Active corporate social responsibility including Casual Friday Charity and Community Week
- Ongoing employee development and training