|Hiring Organization||Virgin Orbit|
|Post Name||Apprentice Electrician|
|Qualification||High school or equivalent|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 20 To USD 30 Per Hour|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90001|
Virgin Orbit (VO) is seeking a new member as an Apprentice Electrician within the LauncherOne program. If you join us in this position, we are looking for an Apprentice Electrician who can undertake a variety of tasks relating to the installation and maintenance of electrical infrastructures.
The ideal candidate possesses skills in assembling, installing, and maintaining electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Excellent troubleshooting skills to assess malfunctions and blackouts. When to execute and how to use temporary generators for distribution.
Due to the high risk pertaining to this job, Apprentice Electricians must demonstrate responsibility and accountability with great attention to detail in safety precautions and communication, both oral and written.
Your goal as an Apprentice Electrician is to produce and maintain well-functioning electrical distribution, equipment, and connections. This is to minimize the probability of hazards and accidents while maximizing the usability of electricity in all facilities.
At Virgin Orbit, we are launching the small satellite revolution, enabling missions that were previously unimaginable. We are delivering Virgin’s legendary customer experience by combining advanced technology with a diligent, hard-working team.
We have built a workplace and a workforce of the future, knowing that our decisions and investments of today are launching the industries of tomorrow.
We have engaged a diverse and inclusive community of doers and dreamers alike, empowering all those working today to build satellites and constellations that will change the world.
- The ideal candidate must be experienced in customer service skills.
- Knowledge of power generation equipment and distribution experience.
- Understanding of diverse electrical devices and systems.
- Hands-on person with great attention to detail and excellent people skills.
- Identifying, analyzing, troubleshooting, and assisting with repairs of equipment and electrical faults.
- Execute plans of electrical wiring for well-functioning power distribution, lighting, and other electrical systems.
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components.
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units.
- Learning from the master electrician and completing all assigned duties.
- Interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Updating work logs, and client accounts, and handling other administrative duties.
- Ordering replacement parts and equipment as needed.
- Completing electrical installations and carrying out various maintenance duties.
- Working irregular hours and overtime when required.
- Communicating with internal customers and/or service providers in a professional, courteous manner always.
- Help Virgin Orbit do our part to make the world a better place.
- Constantly learn new things—and share them with your team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring
- Electrical knowledge: 1 year (Required).
- High school or equivalent (Preferred).
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems.
Demonstrate ability to
- Read and interpret electrical drawings and blueprints.
- Use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter, pullers, crimping devices, voltage, mega ohm meters, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of safety procedures, legal regulations, and guidelines.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Problem solver, able to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent physical condition and flexibility.
- Ability to work long shifts, overtime, or weekends as required.
- Willingness to travel.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs. unassisted.
- Must be a U.S. person as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
- A valid CA driver’s license is required with a clean driving record.
- Passion for space exploration and a firm belief in the utility of affordable access to space.
- Ability and desire to perform in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- Self-driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement, inter-team communication skills, and attention to detail.
And you should probably have a bunch of these, too
- Ability to thrive as a ‘one-person team.
- Ability to add something unique and positive to our team.
- Generally high level of all-around awesomeness.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., a protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Our idea of a happy life: build rockets, work with brilliant people, serve purposeful customers, and open access to space. Sir Richard Branson’s belief is “If you get the perfect mix of people working for your company.
You have a far greater chance of success.” From the very start, we have placed top priority on growing and fostering a team of creative, diverse, and talented women and men.