|Hiring Organization||GEMS Education Corporate Office|
|Post Name||Store officer|
|Qualification||Completion of secondary education as a minimum.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AED 8000 To AED 9000 Per Month|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates 00000|
GEMS Al Barsha National School is seeking a Store Officer to manage consumable and non-consumable resources within the school; catalog all inventoried stock; and electronically capture the checking-out of items to students and staff. Ordering, purchasing, selling, and/or distributing resources within the school community
Internal: Administrators, Teachers, Students, School Accountants, and Purchasing officers. External: Third-party suppliers; Parents.
- Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
- Adhere to the financial systems and protocols as prescribed by GEMS Finance.
- To work in liaison with the Purchasing Officer in budget preparation.
- Efficiently master and manage the school store to accurate record keeping and storage.
- Periodic verification of inventory on hand.
- Process printing orders for reports, letterheads, diaries, etc.
- Assist school Accountants in day-to-day accounting procedures.
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical work day, where the tasks require additional commitment. Page 2 of 2 GEMS Job Description / (password: gems)
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Perform other duties as requested by direct & dotted reporting line managers/supervisors
- Qualifications/knowledge: Completion of secondary education as a minimum.
- Library or stock control knowledge is an advantage.
- Skills: Knowledge of MS Excel and other database systems.
- Exceptional organizational skills and an ability to work under pressure.
- Good English language skills including reading, writing, and speaking.
- Good public relations skills and telephone manner, and a willing ability to multi-task.
- Experience: A minimum of 1-year of experience in a similar position.
Trusted for over 60 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 170,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS-owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division.