|Hiring Organization||RailWorks Corporation|
|Post Name||Construction Labourer|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 18 To CAD 22 Per Hour|
|Location||Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L4T 0A4|
PNR RailWorks is the leading subcontractor in new rail construction and rail maintenance in Canada, covering projects from new track construction, and maintenance to large signaling upgrade projects.
With the rail industry continuing to grow, we are looking for experienced individuals in the electrical and civil construction fields. PNR offers a competitive salary, benefits, vacation, and RRSPs. Apply today!!
All successful applicants must be in compliance with PNR RailWorks Inc.’s Mandatory COVID Vaccination Policy, which will be provided prior to hire.
Reporting to the Track Maintenance Foreman, the Track Laborer is responsible for successfully completing day-to-day tasks by meeting or exceeding corporate and project goals for safety, quality, profitability, and schedule, resulting in extreme customer satisfaction.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Embrace our safety culture and adhere to industry and company policies and procedures
- Repair and/or replace turnout components as needed, such as switch points, frogs, plates, etc.
- Repair and/or replace track components as needed, such as rail, ties, plates, spikes, timber crossings, etc.
- Observes conditions of the track, track beds, and track right-of-way to detect, report, and repair problems or defects.
- Responsibly operates company vehicles and/or equipment and ensures all daily maintenance and inspections of the units are completed.
- Performs special duties as assigned by the Track Maintenance Foreman.
- Performs any administrative duties related to proper documentation as per PNR Quality Management System.
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience in the railway industry.
- Knowledge of all aspects of track maintenance.
- Track Inspection Guidelines certification is an asset
- Certified in Canadian Railway Operating Rules
- Ability to read and understand specific documents including schedules, standard railway plans, and specifications.
- Ability to understand and efficiently carry out instructions.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work being performed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient use of computers, tablets, etc.
- Valid Ontario class G driver’s license.
- Works outdoors at construction sites.
- Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, lifts, bends, and moves objects up to 50 pounds.
- Exposed to all weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
- Exposed to loud noise.
- Exposed to live track/trains and high voltage.
- Ability to work rotating shifts.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
PNR RailWorks Inc. is committed to fostering an equitable, accessible, and inclusive workplace. As such, PNR RailWorks Inc. will ensure reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process, including the interview.
If selected for an interview, requests for accommodation can be confidentially made to a member of the recruitment team who will arrange in advance for reasonable and appropriate accommodation for fair and equitable assessment throughout the process.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.