Assistant Project Manager
|Hiring Organization||McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.|
|Post Name||Assistant Project Manager|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 80000 To USD 90000 Per Year|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90071|
McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. is one of America’s premier commercial construction companies. Our reputation for tackling the toughest building challenges starts with our focus on building high-performing teams that collaborate with clients and industry partners starting in the earliest stages of design, throughout construction, and beyond project completion.
With offices and employees nationwide, we specialize in a wide range of project types including healthcare, education, renewable energy, marine, water/wastewater, commercial office and retail, hospitality/entertainment, and airports. Originally founded as a family business in 1864, today we are proud to be 100 percent employee-owned.
The Assistant Project Manager is instrumental in the success of the local region and national Mapping business unit. The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for ensuring operations policies and procedures are adhered to deliver our service in accordance with the proud history of McCarthy’s Operational Excellence and Client Experience.
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for the execution of Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) in support of the National Mapping business. They are directly responsible for the Safety, Quality, Schedule, and financial state of all SUE projects that are placed in their responsible charge.
In addition, they are responsible for Internal McCarthy account management, education, and the development of relationships to further regional adoption. The Assistant Project Manager shall work with the National Business Development Manager to develop and grow relationships with existing and potential clients, seek out project opportunities, and directly impact the business unit sales goals.
In addition, they identify and understand the local market and conditions, and potential new sectors that offer additional opportunities and revenue for our business. They work alongside Mapping Leadership in the continued development and alignment of our product deliverables to ensure a positive Client Experience.
- The Assistant Project manager shall be in charge of all Project Deliverables
- Coordination with the Client to collect all record information
- Project setup including Oracle, Bluebeam, and Subsurface Maps
- Communication & Coordination with the Owner
- Purchase Order setup and Subcontractor Coordination
- Coordination with the Owner for Testhole Planning and setup
- Coordination with Field Operations Manager and Field Superintendent to ensure projects are appropriately staffed based on the established schedule
- Delivery and Review with the Client
- Local Field Support as required
- Provide deliverable Quality Control and stay engaged with field operations and design throughout the Quality Assurance process
- Cost Tracking throughout the project
- Perform monthly Cost Projections for all active projects
- Project Accounting and Oracle Maintenance
- Sales/Revenue Forecasting
Business Development (35%)
- Works alongside the National Business Development Manager to establish initial contact with potential customer organizations and takes ownership of ongoing interaction with prospects to identify project opportunities. This step largely includes cold-calling, emailing, follow-ups, in-person visits, and process tracking.
- Research and analyze target market sectors to identify potential partners and clients.
- Utilizes available Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools to record sales contacts and opportunities, and to obtain and retain project and company information for inclusion in marketing and proposal products.
- Understands the generic strengths and vulnerabilities of major competitors and develop sales strategies to respond effectively.
- Proposal Budgeting and Development
- Work to develop internal McCarthy adoption through education and an exceptional client experience
- Stay current on all McCarthy pursuits and awarded projects while proactively reaching out to stay engaged.
- Effectively manages all pursuit efforts and integrates with the project team to provide support throughout the effort
- Encourages and communicates the value of complete Project Lifecycle Integration
- Proposal Budgeting and Development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering required
- 7+ years of recent experience in related position
- Advanced knowledge of construction principles/practices required
- Experienced dealing with project financials, subcontracts, subcontractors, and/or self-perform work
- Experience leading successful project teams, including the development of employees and maintaining relationships with external entities
- Ability to manage and track several ongoing projects, all at different stages in the project lifecycle.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, external vendors, and clients.
- Strong supervisory skills
- Strong written/oral communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan, facilitate, and document meetings
- Ability to research, contact, sell, and manage new clients across the country
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Smartsheet proficiency is a plus
- Valid Driver’s License required; up to 15% travel required