Seasonal Retail Associate
|Post Name||Seasonal Retail Associate|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 15 To USD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90001|
Join the Amazon Stores team that launched Amazon Books and Amazon 4-star. Our stores provide a unique, physical extension of Amazon.com through a highly curated assortment of unique in-store shopping experiences where customers can discover the next product they’ll love and interact with our knowledgeable and engaging associates.
If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
As a Retail Associate, you will be the face of Amazon and contribute to a vibrant store culture based on customer obsession, trust, respect, integrity, continuous learning, and fun.
You adhere to and maintain regular and punctual attendance, safety, and quality standards and follow standard processes while identifying opportunities for improvement.
You are flexible while working in an ambiguous environment with strong attention to detail, possess the ability to quickly prioritize tasks, collaborate, multi-task, have a willingness, and enjoy learning new things, with a commitment to delighting our customers.
What You Do:
• Deliver excellent customer service acting with a customer-first mindset when answering customer questions
• Ask great questions to help identify customer needs and exercise great judgment in handling requests or difficult customer interactions
• Introduce customers to exciting Amazon products and service that facilitates the discovery of anything Amazon has to offer including device demonstrations in a simple and accessible way
• Follow merchandising guidelines and execute space and signage changes as needed inside and outside the store building
• Receive, stock, and replenish product
• Utilize inventory management systems to scan, process, and count product
• Operate all of the systems, tools, and devices used within the store, including manning the point-of-sale (POS) station.
• Follow standard processes, identify opportunities for improvements and escalate when appropriate promptly
• Handle cash and provide accurate change to customers
• Ensure that the store is safe, help clean the store, and are diligent about keeping stations customer ready.
• Support a store environment where all associates and customers are welcome
• Perform additional duties as assigned work in a dynamic environment that is always to enhance the Amazon brand and exceed our customer expectations
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- You are comfortable working in a physical environment. You can lift up to 49 pounds and be on your feet for shifts lasting up to 10 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age. Amazon does not sponsor immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
- Prior experience in a retail or customer-facing environment
- Strong understanding of Amazon devices and Amazon services
- Strong verbal communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated success in problem-solving and delivering results