|Hiring Organization||Air Arabia Office – Cosmo Travel|
|Post Name||Certifying Engineer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AED 8000 To AED 10000 Per Month|
|Location||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
Carries out and supervises Line/ Base-level maintenance tasks on Air Arabia and third-party aircraft within the CAR 66 ‘B1’ License Category, ensuring the required work is performed, certified, and recorded accurately and timely in accordance with Air Arabia and regulatory requirements.
Key Result Responsibilities
- Reviews assigned task cards with the Maintenance Manager to gain a full understanding of the work, priorities, documentation requirements, and cautions, prior to starting work.
- Prepares and performs scheduled aircraft maintenance according to assigned task cards, ensuring that the required documentation, parts, tools, and GSE are obtained and used per issued instructions.
- Carries out aircraft test and inspection tasks to the standard necessary to fully identify and record any defects or damage in accordance with approved maintenance procedures.
- Performs defect troubleshooting and rectification in accordance with Aircraft Maintenance Manuals and instructions provided by Engineering Department.
- Signs off maintenance tasks performed or supervised within the scope of own authorization, verifying that the task card and associated documents have been completed to the required standard following completion of all maintenance.
- Manages communications with other Engineers and Technicians related to the assigned tasks, ensuring proper coordination, continuity, and handover of work.
- Manages the safety of assigned maintenance tasks, ensuring all published mandatory precautions are taken prior to commencing work and during task execution.
- Takes positive steps to protect self and other persons in the area of the maintenance activity from any possible injury, including the use of proper GSE and protective equipment.
- Manages human factors aspects of maintenance, ensuring that the continuity of critical maintenance tasks is protected, by avoidance of task interruption and the proper use of handover procedures.
Reputation and Teamwork
- Internal Customer Service: provides positive support to other operational teams in ABY, and provides proactive and helpful professional advice, suggestions, and solutions.
- Leadership: provides sound supervision and guidance of Technicians assigned to support their own tasks. Ensures they are adequately briefed to perform the non-certifying maintenance tasks.
- Representing Air Arabia: presents a positive and competent image of technical professionalism to ABY Flight Crews, other companies’ personnel, and ABY customers.
- Maintains positive awareness of the cost of aircraft maintenance including the use of time and materials. Minimizes unnecessary waste of consumable material and part repair costs by avoiding unnecessary damage and repeating work during maintenance.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
- Holds a valid GCAA CAR 66 B1 Aircraft Maintenance License and company maintenance approvals on the Airbus A320.
- Note: must commit to ensuring any limitations removed from license within 9 months of induction.
- Able to demonstrate in-depth airframe and engine systems maintenance knowledge.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English to a good standard for technical communications.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Ability to obtain a UAE driving license
- At least 2 years’ experience certifying maintenance on the Airbus A320 family of aircraft.
- At least 5 years of experience in a Line/Base Maintenance environment.