|Hiring Organization||Fugro Marine Services|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AED 7000 To AED 8000 Per Month|
|Location||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
The Geophysicist performs all office and field geophysics-related assignments acquisition, as defined by the Project or Survey Manager or Chief Geophysicist. Primarily responsible for interpretation and reporting of geophysical data (Including but not limited to Side-scan Sonar, Sub-bottom Profiler, and Magnetometer).
The position commands a responsibility and necessity to set an example. The initiative is a pre-requisite part in the role of all duties whether in the lead or supportive role. Supports other departments with geological background information.
- Acquisition and interpretation of geophysical data.
- Check geophysical data in the field for completeness and quality.
- Check the work of subordinate staff.
- If applicable assist and directly support the Party Chief with the execution of given work and tasks.
- Execute given work ensuring it is within project targets and in accordance with specifications, procedures, and work practices.
- If applicable is responsible for field reporting and compilation of survey reports in given company format.
- Expected to liaise directly with the client on relevant technical issues and on contractual/operational issues when in the responsible role.
- Actively participate in the implementation of QC procedures in the field environment.
- If applicable, liaise regularly with the Party Chief, Surveyors, and Engineers in the field for an overall assessment of survey progress.
- Is responsible for and/or assists with maintenance of field survey/engineering administration and field filing system in accordance with work practices.
- Submit monthly work reports in company prescribed format.
- Ensure time spent on projects is properly accounted for.
- Maintain logs of data acquisition and processing.
- To assist with or if delegated, responsible for geophysical data.
Specific Additional Duties
Actively participate in adherence to and improvement of the company Management System on Quality and HSE-related issues.